In this short article we will show you two ways to generate a WhatsApp QR code that your company can use and share with its clients
What is a WhatsApp QR code?
A QR code is a special code that contains text. It is basically a square made up of white and black small squares arranged differently, depending on the information it contains.
The QR code has been designed to be quickly read and interpreted through the camera of a smartphone or tablet, and to contain more information than a simple barcode.
A WhatsApp QR code is a quick reply code that allows users to add contact information without having to type and save the phone number in their address book.
This technology is not only practical and functional for personal use, but it is extremely interesting for company use. It is specifically interesting for all those businesses that manage customer service, order logistics or technical support through Whatsapp.
This is an easy-to-implement option that allows your customers to get in touch with your operators, hassle-free, and without having to waste time adding their contact information on WhatsApp.
Using the Whatsapp QR code on your company profile
The QR Codes available directly on WhatsApp are one of the novelties of 2020. The app allows you to obtain a QR Code for your profile that you ca share directly with other users.
You can find this on your profile page, in the Settings: when you click on it you will see a new screen with your unique QR Code, ready for sharing, which will allow the recipient to add you on WhatsApp with a single “tap”.
Open WhatsApp> tap More options> Settings.
Tap the QR code icon next to your name.
Open WhatsApp> Settings.
Tap the QR code icon next to your name.
Create a personalized Whatsapp QR code with QR code generator
A valid alternative to the solution proposed by WhatsApp is to use the QR code Generator. This web app available for free online provides you with you an almost infinite series of customizations.
Using an extremely intuitive editor, you can for example insert the company logo directly into the WhatsApp QR code, customize the colors of the QR code, the borders and much more.
To create a WhatsApp QR code using the QR code generator you have to.
1) Create an account on the QR code generator> select “Create QR Code”> select the “Web Page” option.
2) Create a WhatsApp me link associated with your company WhatsApp profile. If you don’t know how to do it, we advise you to consult this dedicated article.
3) Insert the link generated to connect the QR code.
4) Customize your QR code by editing it with the desired features, then download it.
Is WhatsApp a fundamental communication channel for your company?
If your company systematically uses WhatsApp (or wants to start using it) to communicate with customers, we recommend that you take a look at Callbell, a professional platform dedicated to direct messaging apps (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Telegram).
To try it out, all you have to do is create an account with Callbell and integrate your company WhatsApp number and invite your collaborators to have multi-user access.
Once your WhatsApp Business has been integrated, you can take advantage of all of Callbell’s features, here are some of them:
1) Multi-channel communication: in addition to WhatsApp you can integrate the most famous messaging apps, like Messenger & Telegram, so you can be present on the channels that your customers prefer;
2) Automatic allocation of chats: you can invite your team to collaborate and the chats generated will be allocated in a totally automatic way among the members of the group in order to efficiently manage sales and customer support;
3) Analytics: monitor your interactions with customers through our analytics module, which collects all data relating to the chats that are generated with your sales and service team;
4) Chat backup: you can download all the chat histories, in order to have a complete report of the interactions between the company and the users who contact you, at any time.
We hope you found this article on “how to create a WhatsApp QR code” useful: see you next time!
About the author: Hello! I am Alan and I am the marketing manager at Callbell, the first communication platform designed to help sales and support teams to collaborate and communicate with customers through direct messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram and (soon) Instagram Direct