The world of instant messaging is dominated by the two apps owned by Facebook, the Californian giant: WhatsApp and Messenger. Today we analyze how to exploit these communication channels for home deliveries, to maximize the potential in the delivery business.
In this regard, the use of messaging apps can help those businesses that want to meet the demands of their customers, who lack the possibility of moving freely around, and are discouraged from attending restaurant.
The two leader platforms for instant messaging, WhatsApp and Messenger, can offer considerable help to all restaurant owners who are in difficulty in this period of post-pandemic crisis. They allow, in fact, to create a relationship of trust with their customers, who decide to order and wait comfortably at home for their meals.
How to use WhatsApp for food delivery
Through the Business version of the famous app it is in fact possible to show the details of your business, with useful information such as opening hours, address, telephone number and website.
Exploiting a communication channel such as WhatsApp allows a business to increase take-out orders and increase the relationship of trust between the company and the customer.
The main advantages of using WhatsApp for delivery are:
1) Send the menu: enter the menu in the catalog of the WhatsApp Business account to allow customers to know what you are selling;
2) Take orders: customers can easily contact you to order a meal and organize delivery in an instant and organized way;
3) Send notifications to the customer: inform customers of any modification to their orders, such as time changes, incorrect addresses and business closures;
4) Give customers the opportunity to change an order: it often happens that you have to change an order, and the quickest way to contact the restaurant is certainly via WhatsApp.
A business will be able to promote its WhatsApp channel in different ways, one above all, through its Facebook page. In fact, it will be sufficient to set the link from the home button, in order to redirect users directly to WhatsApp.
An alternative way is to install a widget on your website, which leads visitors to start a conversation with the restaurant via WhatsApp. In this case, you can install the Callbell chat widget for free via this link.
Set up a bot on Messenger to take orders
These tools allow you to create real stores on Messenger, where users can add the meals they wish to order to the cart, select extras, modify or cancel the order conveniently via chat.
In addition, these bots allow you to manage automatic responses, send broadcasts, and create interaction flows, in which potential customers can immerse themselves to finalize the purchase. You can request the customer’s address, in case he/she wants take-away delivery and receive payments through the chat managed by one of these bots.
To do this, simply connect one of these two software to your Facebook page, import the restaurant menu with the prices and your customers will be able to order their meals in total autonomy.
How to manage orders on WhatsApp and Messenger
The possibilities for restaurants that want to use WhatsApp and Messenger to manage their deliveries are truly manifold, however, if your business needs to manage both channels efficiently it will have to use an external platform.
First, because receiving chats from both platforms will force whoever received orders to keep both windows open to handle incoming chats. Secondly, WhatsApp cannot be used by multiple devices, which means that those who receive orders will be the only ones to view the chats.
If you want to have a platform that allows you to manage chats from a single platform and on multiple devices at the same time, Callbell is the simplest and most innovative way to do it.
Some of Callbell’s features will allow your restaurant to:
1) Manage the chats of the main messaging apps directly from a single platform. You will be able to take orders from WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram or Direct from just one single interface;
2) Manage chats from multiple devices at the same time, so as to allow multiple agents to manage interactions with users, take orders and notify them of any updates;
3) By integrating Callbell with the WhatsApp Business API, customers will be able to share their position in real time through Whatsapp, facilitating take-out by the delivery staff.
4) Use the mobile app, for the delivery guys who will be able to interact at any time with the customers to whom they are delivering the ordered meals. You can download the Callbell app directly from here Android – iOS;
5) Assign tags and quick responses to users, so you can categorize and manage relationships with your target audience more easily.
If you are interested in learning more about our platform and its potential, discover other articles on our blog. Thank you for reading!
About the author: Hello! I am Alan and I am the marketing manager at Callbell, the first communication platform designed to help sales and support teams to collaborate and communicate with customers through direct messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram and (soon) Instagram Direct