The strong growth of TikTok in recent months does not leave companies and marketers indifferent, who must exploit the potential of this social network if they want to increase customers and turnover. We also know that WhatsApp is by far the most used App worldwide, as far as instant messaging applications are concerned. In this updated guide we will see how to connect WhatsApp to TikTok advertisements in a smart and effective way to optimize the generation and conversion of leads.
TikTok, is the most downloaded app of 2021 with as much as 656 million downloads, almost 100 million more downloads than its rival Instagram. The Bytedance-branded platform in June 2021 reaches the crazy figure of 3 billion downloads!
Generation Z kids (born from 1997 to 2012) are the main users of TikTok, who prefer it to Instagram. This is a very important data for companies that target a young audience prone to technological changes.
Your company can also leverage this social phenomenon to grow its image, create a community or sell its products/services. Precisely for this purpose, from summer 2020 TikTok makes it possible for companies to access the TikTok for Business platform.
First, you will need to create an account on TikTok, and switch it to Business mode, here is how:
1) Open the Settings and Privacy tab in the upper right corner;
2) Tap Manage account;
3) In Account Control, choose Switch to corporate account;
4) Choose the category that best describes your account, for example personal blog, e-commerce or fitness;
5) From there add a company website and email to your profile.
At this point you will be able to access the TikTok for Business platform and start creating ads. The types of ads allowed are photos, videos, carousels or page posts. These are the first steps to be able to start a campaign on TikTok that refers to WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is currently the most used messaging platform in the world with over 2 billion users in 180 countries. Its diffusion has prompted many companies to launch marketing campaigns aimed at communicating with their customers through the famous platform.
The advantages of using WhatsApp in your communication are many:
1) Greater user engagement: According to a Statista survey, the average WhatsApp user spends approximately 18.6 hours per month on the platform. This means that your business can regularly build relationships with WhatsApp users for a considerable time.
2) Shorter response times: the platform guarantees responses in a much shorter time than the classic email, as both the user and the company have the ability to remain constantly connected and receive notifications in real time;
3) Wide potential target audience: the vast use of WhatsApp on a global and intergenerational level makes it the most suitable means to access a huge number of people and to be able to contact them to offer your product/service;
4) Greater reliability of the brand: the average modern customer expects to be able to contact a brand on WhatsApp to buy a product or simply to request any type of information;
5) It allows personalized communication: being WhatsApp a very personal means of communication, companies can create a context of trust by integrating communication with photos, videos or documents;
6) Provides the official API of WhatsApp Business: the latter in particular is very useful for companies that want to organize a communication strategy through WhatsApp in a structured and professional way.
1) Once you have a TikTok account available and you have switched to the Business version, the first step is to access the TikTok for Business platform.
2) At this point, click on the “Campaign” section and on “Create”.
3) Select the “Traffic” campaign type.
4) Continue customizing the audience your Ad will be shown to, then select the country, gender, age and interests of the people you want to target.
5) At this point, select the type of creative you can publish: it can be an image, a video or a carousel.
6a) Finally, enter the call to action and the url to which users who view your ad should be addressed.
In this case we will insert a link that refers to WhatsApp, which will automatically open a conversation with the company number of your business.
6b) Alternatively you can insert a WhatsApp link with a pre-filled message, so the user who clicks in the advertisement will just have to do is send the pre-filled text and you will be able to keep track of the origin of that WhatsApp conversation.
This way you can start generating WhatsApp conversations through the TikTok channel. If you want to get more information on how to create a link that refers to WhatsApp, see our article.
If you want to make the most of a powerful communication channel like WhatsApp you should have to rely on an external platform that allows you to professionally manage your contacts and your sales or support team.
Callbell allows you to manage the WhatsApp channel like a CRM, and to structure a team that will respond to messages from potential customers who will have all the necessary tools available to make communication efficient.
Within the platform, in fact, it will be possible to set welcome messages, quick replies, tag contacts, create internal notes, study the statistics of conversations and much more.
Find out more about our platform by clicking on this link.
Why is recommended using WhatsApp in your TikTok marketing strategy?
The advantages of using WhatsApp in your communication are many:
- Greater user engagement
- Shorter response times
- Wide potential target audience
- Greater reliability of the brand
- It allows personalized communication
- Provides the official API of WhatsApp Business
How to create ads on TikTok that link to WhatsApp?
- Once you have a TikTok account available and you have switched to the Business version, the first step is to access the TikTok for Business platform.
- At this point, click on the Campaign section and on Create
- Select the Traffic campaign type.
- Continue customizing the audience your Ad will be shown to, then select the country, gender, age and interests of the people you want to target.
- At this point, select the type of creative you can publish: it can be an image, a video or a carousel.
- Finally, enter the call to action and the url to which users who view your ad should be addressed.
This way you can start generating WhatsApp conversations through the TikTok channel.
About the author: Hello! I am Alan and I am the marketing manager at Callbell, the first communication platform designed to help sales and support teams to collaborate and communicate with customers through direct messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram and Instagram Direct