We all know that WhatsApp is one of the most used means of communication by users all over the world and that Google is by far one of the most popular companies of our century: it has multiple services to showcase the businesses of small and large companies, such as Google My Business. Google My Business is nothing more than a service that allows you to show more companies, regardless of their size, in the Google search engine, depending on the keywords you enter.
If we combine WhatsApp and Google, we will surely have a very powerful formula to scale our business with higher sales and a stronger customer loyalty. For this reason, today we are going to tell you why merging these two platforms is so important.
The reality is that by connecting Google My Business to WhatsApp Business we will be able to offer a more personalized service channel, while Google My Business attracts traffic to your business, listing it in Google’s own search engine, WhatsApp receives all the messages to which you can respond in a customised way, thus achieving perfect harmony between traffic attraction and the most appropriate customer service.
When we decide to open a Google My Business account, we will certainly have many advantages, such as greater visibility of our company, the possibility for customers to evaluate the quality of our services, comments on our business, photos and lots of information available in Google’s search engine.
Below we list all the benefits you can enjoy once you creat your Google My Business account:
Benefits of Google My Business
1) Allows greater visibility in Google searches.
2) Improves your strategic position in the local searches of your business.
3) Facilitates and improves contact with potential customers.
4) Enhances the strategic geolocation of your business.
5) Enhances your digital presence and builds customer loyalty thanks to the trust given by the reviews.
6) Allows you to share relevant information and contact details of your business.
7) Gives you the possibility to be contacted directly on your WhatsApp Business.
Once our Google My Business is enabled we will have an extra channel of communication with our customers and we will also be able to work on the SEO of our business so that it appears more frequently and on top of the competition, which will get us more views and messages.
When we obtains these views, we must have already enabled the WhatsApp channel so that potential customers can reach use there; for this, WhatsApp should be configured in the information of Google My Business, in this way Google will attract visitors and WhatsApp will allow you to reply to the messages, thus integrating the two platforms’ usage.
Remember that when we open Google My Business and notice a business, there is an appointment section where we can insert a link: that’s where we will place our WhatsApp link.
In order to connect WhatsApp Business to Google My Business and for our link to appear in the “appointments” section, it is extremely necessary to perform the following steps for this to work perfectly:
1) First of all, you need to create your WhatsApp Business link so that customers can contact you directly there, to do this we will insert the following link.
2) Now we have to go to the bottom of the page and enter our phone number along with the country code and a message that we want the customer to send us once he/she gets in touch with us.
3) Once the link is configured, we have to shorten it so as not to make it extremely long, for this we have to go to the next page, go to the bottom and shorten our link as follows:
We copy our previously configured link
Let’s go to the page where we can shorten the link (Remember, shortening the link is free)
Finally, we insert the link in the shortcut bar and click on the button, then we just need to copy the link.
4) After performing these steps, we need to save the link in a safe place and move on to the next step which consists in setting up our Google My Business; for this, we must go to the Home section of our Google My Business and activate online appointments.
5) After having done this, it will immediately give us the option to enter our shortened WhatsApp link.
6) Click on “Done” and we will have configured our Google My Business with WhatsApp Business.
In this way we will already have the option of booking appointments directly via our WhatsApp Business managed with the help of Callbell by our multi-agent team: so WhatsApp and Google My Business are connected, although an official integration is not yet available. This is a very interesting and efficient way for your potential customers to write to you directly on WhatsApp via Google My Business.
If you already have your Google My Business set up with WhatsApp Business you are surely wondering how you can now manage all those chats that are appearing on your phone. This is one of the biggest problems we face as we often need more than one person to assist all the customers, but we only have one WhatsApp number and it becomes quite inconvenient to have multiple numbers, as it generates confusion in potential customers.
If you have this type of problem then we can help you solve it: in fact, at Callbell we offer the possibility of creating a multi-agent team from a single WhatsApp Business number . But that’s not all: you can also connect Facebook Messenger and Telegram, so as to have available a powerful tool capable of connecting the main sales and customer service channels for your team, if you are interested in trying our solution, I encourage you to visit this page where you can get more information about it.
What is Google My Business?
It is a tool created by Google to allow companies to showcase themselves on the Internet, thus making it easier for users to search for shops and companies. With this service it is possible to share company information such as the address, reviews, description and type of company, photos and links relevant to the search.
How to connect WhatsApp to Google My Business step by step?
- First of all, you need to create your link for WhatsApp Business so that customers can contact you directly there, to do this you need to visit this page.
- Then you have to go to the bottom of the page and put your phone number along with your country extension and a message that you want the customer to send you when they decide to contact you.
- Once the link is configured, you have to shorten it so that it is not too long, for this you have to enter the next page, going to the bottom and shortening the link as follows:
- After following the previous steps, you need to save the link in a safe place and move on to the next step, which is to set up your Google My Business. For this, you need to go to the Home section of your Google My Business and activate online booking.
- After activating online bookings, the service will immediately give you the option to enter the WhatsApp link that you have previously shortened.
- Click Done and you will have configured your Google My Business with WhatsApp Business.
What are the benefits of Google My Business?
When you decide to open a Google My Business account, you will certainly have multiple advantages, such as greater company visibility, the possibility for customers to evaluate the quality of your services, leave comments on your business, photos and many other information available on Google’s search engine.
How to encourage interaction via WhatsApp using Google My Business?
Once your Google My Business is active, you will have an extra communication channel with your customers. In addition, you will also be able to work on the SEO of your business so that it appears more frequently and before the competition, thus giving you more visits and interactions.
When you obtain these visits, you must have an enabled WhatsApp channel so that potential customers can contact you from there. In this case, the WhatsApp number should be added in the information present on Google My Business; in this way, Google will attract visits and WhatsApp will allow you to reply to messages. This service is a great way to integrate and use the two platforms.
About the author: Hello! I am Alan and I am the marketing manager at Callbell, the first communication platform designed to help sales and support teams to collaborate and communicate with customers through direct messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram and Instagram Direct