If we combine WhatsApp and Google, we will surely have a very powerful formula to scale our business with higher sales and a stronger customer loyalty. For this reason, today we are going to tell you why merging these two platforms is so important.
The reality is that by connecting Google My Business to WhatsApp Business we will be able to offer a more personalized service channel, while Google My Business attracts traffic to your business, listing it in Google’s own search engine, WhatsApp receives all the messages to which you can respond in a customised way, thus achieving perfect harmony between traffic attraction and the most appropriate customer service.
Below we list all the benefits you can enjoy once you creat your Google My Business account:
Benefits of Google My Business
1) Allows greater visibility in Google searches.
2) Improves your strategic position in the local searches of your business.
3) Facilitates and improves contact with potential customers.
4) Enhances the strategic geolocation of your business.
5) Enhances your digital presence and builds customer loyalty thanks to the trust given by the reviews.
6) Allows you to share relevant information and contact details of your business.
7) Gives you the possibility to be contacted directly on your WhatsApp Business.
When we obtains these views, we must have already enabled the WhatsApp channel so that potential customers can reach use there; for this, WhatsApp should be configured in the information of Google My Business, in this way Google will attract visitors and WhatsApp will allow you to reply to the messages, thus integrating the two platforms’ usage.
1) First of all, you need to create your WhatsApp Business link so that customers can contact you directly there, to do this we will insert the following link.
We copy our previously configured link
If you have this type of problem then we can help you solve it: in fact, at Callbell we offer the possibility of creating a multi-agent team from a single WhatsApp Business number . But that’s not all: you can also connect Facebook Messenger and Telegram, so as to have available a powerful tool capable of connecting the main sales and customer service channels for your team, if you are interested in trying our solution, I encourage you to visit this page where you can get more information about it.
What is Google My Business?
How to connect WhatsApp to Google My Business step by step?
- First of all, you need to create your link for WhatsApp Business so that customers can contact you directly there, to do this you need to visit this page.
- Then you have to go to the bottom of the page and put your phone number along with your country extension and a message that you want the customer to send you when they decide to contact you.
- Once the link is configured, you have to shorten it so that it is not too long, for this you have to enter the next page, going to the bottom and shortening the link as follows:
- After following the previous steps, you need to save the link in a safe place and move on to the next step, which is to set up your Google My Business. For this, you need to go to the Home section of your Google My Business and activate online booking.
- After activating online bookings, the service will immediately give you the option to enter the WhatsApp link that you have previously shortened.
- Click Done and you will have configured your Google My Business with WhatsApp Business.
What are the benefits of Google My Business?
How to encourage interaction via WhatsApp using Google My Business?
When you obtain these visits, you must have an enabled WhatsApp channel so that potential customers can contact you from there. In this case, the WhatsApp number should be added in the information present on Google My Business; in this way, Google will attract visits and WhatsApp will allow you to reply to messages. This service is a great way to integrate and use the two platforms.
About the author: Hello! I am Alan and I am the marketing manager at Callbell, the first communication platform designed to help sales and support teams to collaborate and communicate with customers through direct messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram and Instagram Direct