- What is Instagram Direct?
- Why do marketing via Instagram Direct
- What are the Instagram Messenger API
- Use Instagram Direct to sell
- Use Instagram Direct for customer assistance
- How to start managing a team exclusively for Instagram Direct
- Using Instagram as a CRM
- Create ads that re-direct to Instagram Direct
- Instagram Shopping: How to create a shop on Instagram?
- How to connect Instagram to WhatsApp
The growth of the famous social network branded Facebook has long since attracted numerous brands to it, who have found an alternative way to create advertising campaigns, through influencers or opinion leaders.
This guide will provide you with all of the necessary information to use Instagram and its Direct Messaging channel as a marketing tool for your business. You’ll learn why Instagram instant messaging is so important and how you can utilize it to communicate with your customers.
Through Instagram Direct, you’ll be able to develop and manage a real sales or customer service team, allowing you to get the most out of this popular communication channel.
In particular, with the introduction of the new Instagram Messenger API, companies will be able to communicate with their users in a much more professional way, making it very similar to Facebook Messenger.
It will be possible to use the message channel to receive massive volumes of chats, build sales or customer service teams, and make life much easier for large companies that use this social channel to communicate with their target audience.
In particular, the APIs will make it possible to:
a) Manage sent /received messages through Instagram Direct;
b) Improve the user communication experience;
c) Increase the response rate of messages;
d) Obtain a better overview for each client.
To begin promoting your products / services immediately you won’t even need a website to sell your products; all you’ll need is a well-structured Instagram feed with high-quality content.
To accomplish this, you must first focus on the product, creating content that accurately defines and illustrates it, remaining active on the platform at all times, and using convincing language that is consistent with the brand’s values.
Starting a campaign with influencers or testimonials can be a solid option if they are committed to properly expressing product features with high-quality photographs and videos.
You can also create ads that link to Instagram Direct, to ensure that sponsors generate conversations on Direct, or add a chat widget on your website, to ensure that site traffic is conveyed to Instagram.
At this point, many of the users interested in your products / services will have the opportunity to start a chat with you, to receive more information about your offer, get good discounts or simply learn more about your brand.
For this you will have to manage the greatest number of inbound conversations, so that you can better look after your leads and finalize the sale of your products or services.
Allowing your target audience to contact you for help requests will build trust in your business and provide the groundwork for a long-term relationship with your customers.
One of the benefits of instant messaging is the ability to get responses and connect with users in a short amount of time, as well as to respond to their requests quickly.
As a result, you’ll need to make sure that your specialized customer care team is ready for everything, so that it can respond to and answer any potential issues or difficulties that your consumers may have.
If you want to get the most out of Instagram and its Direct instant messaging channel, you’ll need to connect it to third-party platforms that let you manage user data and interactions in actual CRMs.
However, be wary of third-party apps that may misuse your data and utilize it fraudulently, causing your company and its image to suffer.
It is possible to use Instagram Direct on multiple devices at the same time through our platform, all you have to do is create a Callbell account, integrate your Instagram page and immediately start inviting your collaborators.
You’ll be able to set up a team of up to 100 agents who will be able to answer to chats created by the popular social media platform and take use of all of Callbell’s features for an organized management of communications with potential clients.
1) Add user tags: you can tag a user so that they are more easily recognized by the team;
2) Add internal notes: the dedicated team will be able to share notes that they can read internally to improve contact management;
3) Create a welcome and goodbye message: you can set up an automatic message that will be sent to the user when the chat starts and ends;
4) Automatic routing: it allows you to automatically distribute chats to different teams based on the type of request, for example sales or support;
5) Integration of the other main messaging channels: aside from Instagram Direct you can also integrate Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Telegram;
6) Access the analytics module: all the information deriving from the chats is available, useful for improving the team’s processes;
7) Smartphone app: your agents will be able to download the mobile version of Callbell to answer directly from their smartphones;
8) Much more inside the platform.
These features will enable your team to handle all of your users’ data in a single CRM that has been designed to meet the demands of businesses of all sizes.
1) Log in to Facebook Business Manager and click on “Ad management“;
2) Select the “Messages” goal;
3) In the section Message Destination select “Instagram Direct“;
4) Select the target audience, placements, budget and schedule and click on “Next“;
5) Select the content to be included in the ad, a photo, video or carousel;
6) Select the “Message template”, by creating a new one or using an existing one, then click on “Save and finish“;
7) Complete the changes to your ad and click on “Publish“;
8) Wait for the verification process from Facebook.
Note: You must first convert your Instagram account to a Business account in order to use the Instagram Shopping feature.
After you’ve added the products to the catalog, you can tag them in your posts so that the content your visitors see links straight to the product details page, allowing them to complete the purchase.
Furthermore, product collections can be created to categorize products based on themes or categories, and influencers / content creators can tag the company in the post where the product appears.
You can do this in the following ways:
a) Add a button in the Bio section of Instagram;
b) Insert a link in the Bio section of Instagram;
c) Create ads that link to WhatsApp;
d) Insert a link in the featured stories that re-directs to WhatsApp.
If you found this article helpful for your Instagram and Instagram Direct marketing campaign, don’t forget to leave a comment below or share the article! Thanks so much for reading, see you next time!
What is Instagram Direct and how can you use it to offer customer service?
If you have a business that sells through this social network, the first thing to do if you want to start offering great customer service is to switch to a business profile.
In this way, you will have the opportunity to start promoting your posts with ads, as well as being able to complete your company profile with personal information, such as the address and description of the business. Thus, your users will recognize that your profile is entirely dedicated to your business and it’s not a personal account. Once an Instagram user starts following your page, they will automatically be able to send you a direct message (via the Direct section) to get in touch with you and receive assistance.
How can you manage the messages coming from the Instagram page?
To date, Instagram has only provided the mobile application to manage user messages. However, a few days ago access to the API was enabled to use Instagram Direct with external tools such as Callbell and thus be able to manage a customer service or a sales team regardless of the volume of messages and requests received.
About the author: Hello! I am Alan and I am the marketing manager at Callbell, the first communication platform designed to help sales and support teams to collaborate and communicate with customers through direct messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram and Instagram Direct